Saturday, December 31, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
What To Do: When You Have a Run-In with Police
Your Rights in a Nutshell:
- You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, you need to say soclearly, and out loud.
- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car, or your home.
- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly & quietly leave.
- You have the right to an attorney if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately.
Tips to Follow:
- Stay calm and be polite.
- Do not interfere with or obstruct the police.
- Do not lie or give false documents.
- Prepare yourself and your family in case you are arrested.
- Remember the details of the encounter.
- File a written complaint if you feel your rights have been violated.
- Contact an Attorney immediately. I cannot stress this enough. Time is of the essence.
If You Are Arrested:
Never resist an arrest, e attorney, you will be provided one. Do not say anything, sign anything, or make any decisions without your attorney present. The police cannot listen if you call an attorney. Do not offer any explanations or excuses. If you can't afford an
An arrest can happen unexpectedly, so pMemorize phone numbers of your family and your attorney. Make emergency plans if you have children or take medication in the event of an unexpected arrest.
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
Exciting news, all!
We are approaching our one year law firm anniversary, and with that we are incredibly blessed to be expanding our law firm, both internally and externally. We are excited and pleased to announce that we have moved to a new, larger, more central location on Highway 51 in Ridgeland, MS. Thank you all for your support, and Justin Jones Law will continue to provide you with quality representation and genuine concern.
Visit our website for more information, or call us today to set up your free consultation. 601-499-5292